[argyllcms] dispcalGUI v0.2.5b

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 22:37:43 +0200

Just a quick update, the release is now publicly available through the website ( http://dispcalGUI.hoech.net ).

Since the rc1, the following things were changed/fixed:

- no longer offer to install a profile in "system" scope on Linux
- show Argyll, Python and wxPython version numbers in the "About" window
- updated "Installation" section in the ReadMe
- cleaned up the source directory tree
- fixed the Linux executable (I had changed the build code to pull in
  more dependencies in an attempt to make the resulting binary more
  portable, but it picked up some undesired files, e.g. libc). This is
  still no guarantee the binary will work on arbitrary systems, but
  should atleast be an improvement. Generelly my recommendation even if
  the binary works is to rather install python + wxPython (if you not
  already have them), which are more often than not offered as prebuilt
  packages, and then either install the RPM (if you can) or compile
  dispcalGUI (well, rather, the one binary extension it uses) yourself.
  Using a simple "sudo setup.py install" which takes care of everything,
  compiling & installing should now be a breeze.

Enjoy,

Florian Höch