[argyllcms] Re: dispcal too quick for my monitor

  • From: Torsten Bronger <bronger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 08:37:02 +0200

Hallöchen!

Graeme Gill writes:

> [...]
>
> Hmm. I'm struggling to understand what the graphics driver is
> detecting. Why should it be sensitive to one window appearing and
> dissapearing out of (possibly) many others on that display ?

I don't think that the appearing of windows causes this.

dispwin does something that makes the graphics card to
suspend/reset/whatever the HDMI output shortly.  Ordinary
applications don't do this, however, lxrandr (the Lubuntu display
configuration tool) exhibits the same behaviour.

In other words: There is some action X, and this X is performed by
dispcal, dispwin, lxrandr, etc but not by all other applications
like firefox or xterm.  This action X accesses the graphics card,
directly or indirecty.  Maybe X it is accessing the VideoLUTs.  But
I'm really no expert at this.

Tschö,
Torsten.

--