[argyllcms] Re: dispcal segmentation fault

  • From: Lee <iamadonut@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 20:57:04 +1100

On 03/12/14 20:13, Lee wrote:
> However, based on the output of strace, I tried deleting
> `~/.local/share/ArgyllCMS`. dispcal then worked! This directory
> contained a whole lot of *.ccmx files. Specifically, it also contained a
> file that I had creating using instructions here [1]. I tried removing
> only this file, and dispcal worked again. The contents of that file are
> here [2].
>
> Thanks for your help. Cheers,
> Lee.
>
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/colorhug-users/--Ou22vj0DE/l795dXEqjd0J
> [2] http://pastebin.com/5FwQdsw2

Ah, it seems that there is an error in the *.ccmx file that I uploaded.
I followed the instructions in [1] above, but I can see now that they
are erroneous. It says to add the following lines to the *.ccmx file.

> KEYWORD "TYPE_LCD"
> TYPE_LCD "YES"

However, rather than adding it at the end, one should add it between
`COLOR_REP "XYZ"` and `NUMBER_OF_FIELDS`. When I fixed this file,
dispcal now works as expected.

Having said this, it'd be more useful if dispcal provided more
informative error messages? Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers,
Lee.