[argyllcms] Re: dispcal output profile as preconditioning profile for targen

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:02:57 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
Right, but the documentation says:

"Note that this will only have an effect if an algorithm that uses the
perceptual placement, such as -R -I, or a -A value > 0.0."

I guess that's not true anymore?

The sentence you quote is in relation to the -c parameter (previous
profile), and yes it's still true that providing a profile will only
have an effect if a perceptual distribution or the default OFPS
distribution is being used with -A > 0.0. But the point is that -A only
has an effect on the default OFPS distribution, not -I body centered
cubic distribution. Note that by default the degree of adaption will
be set according to whether a -c profile is provided.