[argyllcms] Re: dispcal ends with Instrument Access Failed

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 09:55:31 +1000

wiesboeck wrote:

Some times it fail on cmd 'GetLockedStatus', some times at cmd
'ReadInternalEEPROM'

OK.

Yes it is running limtp and mtp-probe. But disabling libmtp and mtp-probe (
I renamed the
lib's and the mtp-probe) it make no difference.

Hmm. Did you re-boot after that ?

The safer way of disabling mtp is to comment it out of the udev configuration
and re-boot.

If it's not MTP interfering, then it seems like a Linux USB driver problem,
so this needs to be passed over to the Linux USB developers.

To be able to do that, you need to generate a usbmon trace of the failure.

See <https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt> for instructions
on how to do that. It's preferable to capture a text trace for just the
ColorMunki
display from plug-in to failure.

If you can mail me the trace, I'll post a question on the Linux USB mailing
list.