[argyllcms] Re: dispcal and "conjgrad failed" error

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:30:20 +1000

Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

I tried it 3 times with adjustment (actually just going through 1-5, without
doing any adjustment of the monitor itself) and 3 times without adjustment,
and the behavior was consistent.

This turns out to be an uninitialised memory problem, that only shows up on Linux, and the connection between running the adjustment and triggering the bug is that some memory gets malloc'd, initialized, and then free'd if certain adjustments are performed, which is latter used in the optimization code.

I'll release a fix for this in patch 4, which I'm preparing.