[argyllcms] Re: dispcal VDT DE 2K measurement discrepancy

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 13:59:52 -0500

I see your point.

/ Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: argyllcms-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:argyllcms-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Vallo Kallaste
Sent: 8 janvier 2015 07:35
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [argyllcms] Re: dispcal VDT DE 2K measurement discrepancy

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 12:52:05PM -0500, Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Can you wait 30 minutes before your calibrate? My brand of monitor is
surprisingly stable over time.

> Just saying.

Yes, but initial thermal stabilization is not relevant in this case. For
some reason my monitor slowly drifts with a period of around 30-45 minutes
and I guess it's related to backlight circuitry thermal properties. Or
something like that.

But this is all besides the point. I think the point for me is that consumer
grade instruments are just what they are. No need to sweat over e.g. dispcal
readings fluctuating over some (for really unknown, instrument dependent)
range. Drifting monitor is like a cherry on cake on this issue :)
--
Vallo