[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Error - new_disprd() failed with 'Instrument Access Failed' with Spyder 1

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:27:04 +1100

Aaron Siegel wrote:
[The Spyder 1 also seems to work.]
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/instruments.html

Well, that's report I received. Evidently it is in error,
since (from your report) the Spyder 1 seems to have a different
USB HWID. (Or the person sending the report had changed the code
to recognise the Spyder 1, and didn't tell me this.)

not remember were.  I am not sure if the spyder 1 requires firmware similar to
the spyder 2. I am going start looking for a different instrument.

If it's like the Spyder 2, then yes, it will need the firmware from
the original installation disk.