[argyllcms] Re: dispcal AMD64 problems [Re: Re: dispcal and "conjgrad failed" error]

  • From: Pablo d'Angelo <pablo.dangelo@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:21:05 +0200

Graeme Gill schrieb:
> Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
>
>>> What does "dispcal -?" do ?
>
>> Diagnostic: Usage requested
>> usage: dispcal [options] outfile
>>  -v               Verbose mode
>>  -display displayname Choose X11 display name
>>  -d n                 Choose the display from the following list
>> (default 1)
>>     ** No displays found **
>
> You'd need to debug the routine spectro/dispwin.c/get_displays(),
> to see if XOpenDisplay() failed, XineramaQueryScreens()
> returned 0 screens, or ScreenCount() returned zero screens,
> or to identify what else failed, and why.

When I tried to add some debugging stuff and recompile, I got the following
error:

pablo@svalbart:~/src/argyll-0.60-jam/spectro$ jam -f ../Jambase ...found 247
target(s)... ...updating 3 target(s)...
Link dispcal
/usr/lib/libX11.a(CrGlCur.o): In function `open_library': undefined
reference to `dlopen'
/usr/lib/libX11.a(CrGlCur.o): In function `fetch_symbol': undefined
reference to `dlsym'
/usr/lib/libX11.a(CrGlCur.o): In function `fetch_symbol': undefined
reference to `dlsym'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück

After adding -ldl to the Jamfile, I could compile it. I don't know why
linking it before? The only thing I have changed since the last compilation
is to install the fglrx_gamma extension.. Strange..

Anyway, now it works. (And I don't know why it didn't before...)

ciao
  Pablo