[argyllcms] Re: dispcal 1.0.0 doesn't like me

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 00:26:46 +1000

Ben Goren wrote:
Only because it was complaining that it couldn't communicate with the i1 -- I wanted to see if it couldn't talk to it at all or if it was specific to the attempt to calibrate it.

OK, I was just wondering if this was part of what triggers the
problem, or whether it was incidental. I'm gathering that it is
incidental.

Are you running through a USB hub ?

This is through the keyboard -- but beta 7 works fine like this. I'll try plugged directly into the computer later today.

See if that makes any difference. From the diagnostic an awful lot
of the communications is working fine, so it's hard to guess why
it failed at that point. I don't think anything of significance has
changed between the V0.7B8 and V1.0 in regard to the i1pro and/or
USB communications.

Does it fail every time, and at the same point ?

Was your machine under heavy load (ie. running some other
CPU or I/O intensive task) ? (The rev A and rev B are much more
susceptible to real time delays between triggering a read and gathering
the data from the instrument. The Rev D. seems to have more internal
buffering, and is much more robust as a result.)

Aside from not going through the keyboard, anything else I should try? (This has all been with the Intel binary.)

It's hard to guess. It's very hard to track down a problem
that only seems to occur on some particular systems or instrument.

What does the trace from V0.70B8 look like ?