[argyllcms] Re: dispca: Error - Write Error on Win 7 32bit

  • From: gerlos <gerlosgm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:02:28 +0100

Il giorno 03/mar/2013, alle ore 02.27, Graeme Gill ha scritto:

> gerlos wrote:
>> dispcal: Error - Write error : Unable to open file 'foobar.cal' for writing
>
>> Don't know if it's related: I've put argyll binaries in C:\Argyll\bin, and
>> added this
>> dir at the end of my PATH variable, so I can run
>>
>> What should I do? Any tip?
>
> Hi,
>
> You need to fix your permissions on the directory you are in, to allow file
> creation
> and writing. Either that or work in a directory that you have write
> permission to.

Thanks for the answer.

No, actually it not seems to be a trouble with directory permissions, since I
tried to run dispcal and dispcalgui in both my regular and in my admin user
home directories, with the same error.

Only way to make it work (on my Windows 7 system at least) with UAC active is
this: run dispcalgui right clicking on its icon and choosing "Run as
Administrator" and answer to the UAC window.

Anyway, once one knows this trick, everything is fine.

regards
gerlos

--
"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more
of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something