[argyllcms] Re: dcraw outlined, annotated, and un-Dnged

  • From: Elle Stone <l.elle.stone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:26:08 -0500

On 2/11/10, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you seen libopenraw?
>
> http://libopenraw.freedesktop.org/wiki/
>
> It is based on dcraw but aims to make it a reusable library instead of
> the somewhat messy state of the standalone program.
>
> Pedro

Hi Pedro,

I have seen libopenraw, but never could figure out what to do with it.

At first glance dcraw code does look "messy". But of the 8756 lines of
code in unmodified v8.98, 3000 lines decode raw formats, 2000 lines
process metadata, and 1500 lines identify the  camera, leaving only
2250 lines of code that processes the actual raw image.

The goal of my web page is to provide an annotated and hyper-linked
"road-map" to the dcraw code, focusing on the image processing
portion. I wish I had had my road-map when I started modifying dcraw
to suit my own purposes (get rid of that sRGB D65 matrix at the top,
substitute D50 for D65, and use camera primaries generated by
colprof). With road-map in hand, further modifications become much
easier.

Regards,
Elle