[argyllcms] colprof -i (custom illuminant) for scanner/camera calibration

  • From: Jos van Riswick <josvanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 00:52:34 +0100

hello

I'm using 5000k fluorescent tubes in my work area. I read about using
custom illuminants when using fluorescent tubes in the colprof
documentation. I measured the spectrum using a colormunki photo. Can I use
this for my scanner profiles, or only for printers? I'd like my scanned
image to look as much as possible as the real thing I scanned. Or do I need
to make a custom target (with my custom illumination) and use that to
profile my scanner?

josvanr