[argyllcms] Re: colprof has different behavior run by dispcalGUI and in the command line

  • From: Hugo Meinedo <hugo.meinedo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:52:45 +0000

Dear Florian,

Thank you very much for the explanation.
Yes I had the "black point compensation" box ticked in dispcalGUI.
To understand what was going on I had to look at the source code.
When the user selects "black point compensation" dispcalGUI applies it to the
values and creates a temporary .ti3 which is then used by colprof to generate
the profile.
Then, after the run, this temporary .ti3 is deleted and only the original one
is stored.
It would be nice if the temporary .ti3, with the black point compensation
applied, could also be stored along with the original one.

I'm familiarizing myself with Argyllcms command line tools because the next
step is to calibrate an inkjet printer.

Best regards,
Hugo