[argyllcms] Re: colprof and AtoB1/BtoA1 or relative colourimetric intent

  • From: "Guy K. Kloss" <g.kloss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:58:01 +1300

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:11:58 Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> So dont worry the profile is relative colorimetric despite the perceptual
> naming. This still complies with the spec and as pointed out with common
> pactise.

OK, that is useful information. This way I don't have to worry about it, that
using the A2B0/B2A0 will introduce gamut mapping when I specify a relative
colourimetric intent in absence of the A2B1/B2A1 tables.

> Regarding your options, I would omit the -u switch:
> " -u              If Lut input profile, make it absolute (non-standard)"
> With D49 as white point it is not a huge difference, but is wrong for most
> cases.

Hmmm, re-reading the description of the tags again it was probably not the
most wise choice. I was intrigued by the fact that it would not clip colours
exceeding the whiteness of the test chart, which can happen quite likely in
situations with inhomogeneous illumination.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences