[argyllcms] Re: colprof and AtoB1/BtoA1 or relative colourimetric intent

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:19:47 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

can you provide us some more details and maybe the exact command line and a ti3 file?

The -t and -T options are there to control or override the content of the
A2B0/B2A0 and A2B2/B2A2 tables.
But you want to create the A2B1/B2A1 tables and do want their content as is.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org

Am 18.11.09, 16:39 +1300 schrieb Guy K. Kloss:
Hi again,

as I'm creating some profiles where I want to avoid any gamut mapping, I
intend to use the colourimetric intent which use the A2B1/B2A1 CLUTs.

However, I couldn't find a way to convince Argyll's colprof into creating
these. I've tried the "-t r" and "-T r" switches. Still, colprof only wrote
A2B0/B2A0 tags into the profile.

What should I do? Or do I have to care? After all, processing later on is
performed by non-Argyll tools, in my personal case by LCMS. These libraries
are using a relative colourimetric intent to convert from device space to PCS
(in my case CIELAB), which I assume are going to look for the A2B1/B2A1 CLUTs.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences