[argyllcms] colprof and AtoB1/BtoA1 or relative colourimetric intent

  • From: "Guy K. Kloss" <g.kloss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:39:46 +1300

Hi again,

as I'm creating some profiles where I want to avoid any gamut mapping, I
intend to use the colourimetric intent which use the A2B1/B2A1 CLUTs.

However, I couldn't find a way to convince Argyll's colprof into creating
these. I've tried the "-t r" and "-T r" switches. Still, colprof only wrote
A2B0/B2A0 tags into the profile.

What should I do? Or do I have to care? After all, processing later on is
performed by non-Argyll tools, in my personal case by LCMS. These libraries
are using a relative colourimetric intent to convert from device space to PCS
(in my case CIELAB), which I assume are going to look for the A2B1/B2A1 CLUTs.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences