[argyllcms] Re: chartread -r error: The resumed spectral type seems to have changed!

  • From: Vittorio Villani <vittoriovillani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS List <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 03:06:25 +0100

I am sorry for confusing you :). I am happy that I could report a bug, I am now
using the "old" copy and past method to edit a ti3 file with upgraded spectral
data from a new reading. I create a new ti3 file and I put in it just the
patches that I need.

I have a suggestion for the next release of chartread, hoping that what I am
going to write is not too stupid :) (I have no more than 2 hours of programming
experience).
I would like to have the possibility, for example pressing j, to jump directly
to a patch that I want to read. For example, if I am using chartread in spot
mode because I want to read again just some patches, I don't want to press F
(forward 10) for 100 times and I don't want to press the key for 20 seconds
before I arrive to the CT21 patch that I am looking for. It would be nice to
have the possibility to press j (in the same situation where you can press n
for next unread, b for back, B for back 10, etc). What this j could do is to
open an input dialog where the user is asked to insert the patch name, for
example CT21. Do you think that this is possible?

Vittorio Villani