[argyllcms] Re: chartread error with ColorCheckerSG

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:37:09 +1100

Michael Perry wrote:

As an alternative to reading my test chart directly using chartread, I have
tried
converting data from an X-rite text file with both XYZ and LAB data points,
but without
joy -

I used txt2ti3 and spec2cie following the instructions at
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html#PS2 however:

txt2ti3 processes the .txt file but yields the statement - "No device values
found -
hope that's OK!" - I presume it is but should I be adding illumination data
here?

spec2cie refuses to convert the resulting .ti3 file as "Input file doesn't
contain
keyword COLOR_REP" - but nor does the header file supplied on the argyllcms
scnarios
page

Perhaps the instructions are a little confusing (I will improve the wording).
If you are using the downloaded X-Rite data, then the resulting file (after
adding
the header and footer) _is_ the .cie reference file - you should not use txt2ti3
or spec2cie.

You _may_ have to use of txt2ti3 and/or spec2cie if you have spectral only
data from somewhere else, such as measurements using Gretag or X-Rite's chart
measuring tools.