[argyllcms] Re: cctiff -d

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 14:02:30 +1100

Klaus Karcher wrote:

>>> cctiff -p -ir sRGB.icc -ir 6071_F.icc timaget.tif srgb2canon_r_p.tif
>>> cctiff: Error - 2, icc_read_tag: Tag 'Media Black Point' not found
>>> from '6071_F.icc'

It turns out that the profile doesn't contain valid matrix information
(the colorant XYZ values are all zero).

Unfortunately the error message is misleading. I've improved the error message,
but it still won't report the problem with the matrix values - the code
tries to setup a matrix conversion, fails because it can't
invert the matrix, and then looks for a monochrome conversion, and
this fails because there is no monochrome information, so the
final message (now) is that it couldn't find a valid conversion,
the matrix inversion error message having been obliterated
by the monochrome failure.