[argyllcms] Re: cctiff -d

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 12:28:01 +1100

Klaus Karcher wrote:

cctiff -p -ir sRGB.icc -ir 6071_F.icc timaget.tif srgb2canon_r_p.tif
cctiff: Error - 2, icc_read_tag: Tag 'Media Black Point' not found from '6071_F.icc'

Hmm. I'd need the profile to look into whether this is fixable.

I don't understand why neither cctiff nor Photoshop uses the matrix part of the profile for PCS2device transforms - it should be no problem to use it. Or have I overlooked something?

I'd have to look into it. The libusb code does (in general) fall back
from LUT tables to matrix (to mono) conversions if a profile contains
more than one transform, but the logic may be being confused by
the presence of the A2B tags, or the lack of a black point tag may
be terminating the process before it gets there.