[argyllcms] Re: camera profiling in V1.6.3

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 01:22:34 +1000

Alex Jamison wrote:

> The instructions show the command: scanin [options] input.tif recogin.cht
> valin.cie but
> I see no file of values for the SG target in the 'ref' folder, either in cie
> or txt
> format.

Hi,
        you need to supply the reference information. Usually the manufacturer
of the test
chart provides it to you.

See <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html#PS2> in the section
headed "Taking readings from a scanner or camera".

> Running colprof with V1.5.1, I used options "-qm -am -u". Of those the only
> option that
> remains in V1.6.3 is "u". I don't know what qm or am were for as the
> instructions have
> been replaced, so I don't know whether they were important or whether they
> have been
> superseded.

I'm not sure what you mean. Little has changed in respect to these options:

-q: <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/colprof.html#q>
-a: <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/colprof.html#a>
-u: <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/colprof.html#u>