[argyllcms] Re: cLUT and shape produce different shapes?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 23:24:39 +1000

Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:
I'm making 2 profiles from the same shot of IT8 target with dSLR. After scanin
I run
colprof twice - once with -r 1 -q m -a X and second time with -r 1 -q m -a S
parameters.

When I look at the shape of the profiles in gnome color manager, they are
different!
The ratio between RGB channels differ. Should it be so or I'm doing something
wrong?

You've chosen different profile representation types, so of course the result
is different !

(One of the problems with -aX is that you can't be sure which table is
going to be used, the XYZ cLUT, or the shaper/matrix.)