[argyllcms] Re: black point problem

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:51:42 +0200

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 3:13 AM, adam k <aak1946@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use ArgullCMS via displcalGUI. This with colormunki calibration. The
> monitor is Dell U2410
> I go steps 2 thru 4 carefully adjusting OSD, but I cannot get "black point"
> correctly, if I do then "white point" is bad. It's like catch 22.
> Am I doing something wrong?

I generally don't adjust the the LCD settings too much...

I set the R/G/B values of the LCD to equal values, so I get the native
white point of the display... I generally leave contrast at factory
settings, and set the brightness to 200cd/m2 (measured with the Munki)
(I like having my display a bit brighter).

Then I proceed with the rest of the calibration...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn