[argyllcms] Re: [argyllcms] Re: Non-PC display profiling

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:20:51 +0300

Graeme Gill wrote:

> There are two mechanisms available currently that may let you profile
> such devices. If there is some way of sending a test image to a device,
> then you might be able to create a script that turns a test color
> into a raster and sends it to the device, and the script
> can be given to dispread as an argument to -C.
>
> The other option is to somehow turn a chart into a slide show or other
> raster sequence, either by processing the .ti2 file, or somehow using
> dispwin -m -G, and then reading each patch manually using chartread -p.

O.k. It's clear with current Argyll CMS version. As for first mechanism, I able
only insert media in player and not able to send any commands to device
real-time in my particular case. The second mechanism isn't automatic.

Is there possibility to add at least the time synchronisation to dispread in
next release? For example I'm pressing "play" on player and starting dispread
simultaneously. Player displays 3-seconds slides when dispread starts
measurement every 3 seconds. There may be a key in dispread for selection exact
slide time, "-t 3.1257" seconds for example. For diagnostic purpose dispread
may beeps and write "Time +21.8799 sample #8" at each sample.
Can the Eye-One Display LT do the measurements every 2-3 seconds guaranteed?