[argyllcms] Re: argyll v0.60.2 usb assignments

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 01:54:21 +1100

Caspar Maessen wrote:
I recognize your wish to solve this matter and present the future argyll-users with a universal solution. That's why I answered your mail about this subject. But in fact I really didn't know what I was doing. Looking at the dev-tree I found bus/usb. With the help of man udev and some experimenting later, the DTP94 was recognised, and my goal achieved. But it was rather more luck than wisdom. I hope you succeed in your efforts, but sadly this is all I can contribute.

Looking into the libusb source, and perusing this
<http://www.mail-archive.com/avr-chat@xxxxxxxxxx/msg00902.html>
gives me the hint that the creation of the right hierarchy
in /dev is needed for udev to work.

So a udev rule like:

        # DTP94
        SYSFS{idVendor}=="0765", SYSFS{idProduct}=="d094", \
        PROGRAM="/bin/sh -c 'K=%k; K=$${K#usbdev}; \
        printf bus/usb/%%03i/%%03i $${K%%%%.*} $${K#*.}'", \
        NAME="%c", MODE="666"

might be a better prospect.

Unfortunately the udev in my Linux system seems to be an early,
crippled version, and I'm unable to test any of this.