[argyllcms] Re: another X error

  • From: Per Baekgaard <baekgaard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:25:56 +0200

Graeme Gill wrote:

I don't think I'm going to pursue such a direction at present. I'd
prefer to see this issue solved by x.org, or the X11 driver providers.
Perhaps it would help if those affected by this problem direct queries
to the card vendors, since they are the vendors customers.
As I've been on holidays, I haven't actively followed this discussion...
and then of course, I come back home and find out that I am, too, being
hit by this error, and should have been tracing it ;-(

Anyway, in my case, I'm using the NVidia server, and have it set up to
_duplicate_ (clone) the same image on both the DVI and analog output.
The reason being that I can then use my old, analog, switchbox to change
between the PC's connect, but then also improve the picture quality
(when and if I want) by pressing a key on the LCD display to select the
digital output.

I have been looking forward to calibrate my system using a DTP-94, but
of course now I cannot do so without changing the setup somehow, I think?

Note that with this setup, I have the exact same screen setup on both
output, and will be quite happy to have only LUT (I think -- assuming
the DVI and analog output is reasonably equal).

Does the statement above indicate that there is no way I can, for now, get my monitor calibrated under Linux?

Or can I change my setup so that it can be done with the same driver, even if only temporary?

Here is a snippet from my xorg.conf file:

Section "Screen"
   Identifier     "Default Screen"
   Device         "NVIDIA Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]"
   Monitor        "ThinkVision L200p"
   DefaultDepth    24
   Option         "UseFBDev" "false"
   Option         "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP, CRT"
   Option         "TwinView" "true"
   Option         "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
   Option         "MetaModes" "1600x1200,1600x1200"

Any idea what to change to make it work, temporarily or permanently?

-- Per.