[argyllcms] Re: an help make eye one display lt work on vista 64bit

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 10:57:56 +1100

Andrea Barbieri wrote:
I1 display wont work on vista 64bit, following the standard instruction..
There's some workaround one could use that i've missed?

It's difficult to provide a 64 bit libusb driver due to Microsoft
policy of insisting that all drivers need to be signed to
be installed on Vista 64.

Some people have reported success by installing the "SIXAXIS libusb-win64"
package, but it is unsigned too, and the only workaround
is to press F8 during every boot that you want to use it.

A google turns up
<http://www.4shared.com/file/41034572/1c815fbc/SIXAXIS.html>
but who exactly created it, I'm not quite sure.

A possible workaround to needing F8 is
<http://www.ngohq.com/news/13829-driver-signature-enforcement-overrider-ngohq-com.html>,
although I can't vouch for it.

In the longer run I'm hoping to make use of the
Microsoft supplied winusb.sys driver as a way of
accessing instruments without a signed driver.