[argyllcms] Re: Xinerama/MergedFB/TwinView

  • From: Frédéric <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:52:04 +0200

On Monday 21 August 2006 09:19, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Frédéric wrote:

> > So it is possible to retreive interesting informations about the
> > second screen...
>
> Yes, but again, this isn't the heart of the problem. The heart of
> the problem is that TwinView/MergeFB doesn't seem to allow access
> to each screens VideoLUTs.
>
> dispcal et al. are already sensitive to the Xinerama extension.

Hello Graeme,

I tried your patch to handle the crash with MergedFB mode... There still is
a problem:

$ spectro/dispwin -d 2
Setting Red
Setting Green
Setting Blue
Setting Cyan
Setting Magenta
Setting Yellow
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (XF86VidModeGetGammaRampSize)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  67

It crashes when trying to load the LUT... It doesn't if I do not use
the '-d 2' param, but I need it, or I'm unable to put the patches on the
right screen...

I think when you detect the MergedFB/TwinView mode, you also need to force
the LUT to be loaded to the first screen, even if '-d 2' param is used.

Another solution could be to handle the screen as one big screen (number
1), and let the user use coordinates modifier to put the patches at the
correct location.

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org