[argyllcms] Re: XYZ/LAB to RGB

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 20:28:47 +0000

Hi,

Ben Goren wrote:

Out of curiosity, how do you do this?

What I used to do, back when I was playing with my ColourMouse CM2C, which has to be placed on each patch individually, was to create a sparse target with targen, open the .ti1 file in OpenOffice calc and add extra patches - like a grey ramp but with random deviations - the idea being that my extra near-grey patches would "enclose" the true grey scale and aid in locating it. It allowed me to achieve good greys with only about 150 patches in total - I forget exactly how they were distributed, but it was something like 120 targen-chosen colours, 20 near-greys and maybe another 10 approximate skin tones.

The XYZ fields are really not critical, and can even be set to zero if you don't mind chartread moaning about unexpected responses!

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson