[argyllcms] Re: XYZ and wavelength interval

  • From: <Skyforce.Shen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:43:25 +0800

Dear Matthieu:

You should modify CIEXYZ formulas like below:

          X = SUMPRODUCT( "CubicSplineTransformedData" ; "StandartObserverx" )
* 5 * .683002
          Y = SUMPRODUCT( "CubicSplineTransformedData" ; "StandartObservery" )
* 5 * .683002
          Z = SUMPRODUCT( "CubicSplineTransformedData" ; "StandartObserverZ" )
* 5 * .683002

The number 683 is connected to the modern (1979) definition of the candela
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candela> , the unit of luminous intensity
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_intensity> . (reference from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminosity_function)

FYI.