[argyllcms] XYZ LUT profile unable to be installed on Windows XP or used with Firefox 3.5

  • From: Alexander <adfirestone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:29:03 -0800

colprof -v -qh -ax -A Sony -M GDM-F520 -C "(c) 2009" -D "12-20-2009"
-S "sRGB.icm" "12-20-2009"

When I create an ICC profile with the above command line in either
Argyll 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 1.1.0 Beta, 1.1.0 RC1, or 1.1.0 RC2, Windows XP
says the profile is invalid when I try to install it.

I need to create an XYZ profile instead of a LAB profile so it can be
used in Firefox 3.5 (since it doesn't support LAB). Firefox, like
Windows, also thinks the profile is invalid when I point to it
directly.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this just a limitation of Argyll? Is it
a longstanding unfixed bug?

When I compare the ICC tags in an XYZ LUT profile created by Argyll to
a XYZ LUT profile created by Profile Maker 5, it appears the Argryll
profile is missing the rXYZ, bXYZ, gXYZ, rTRC, bTRC, and gTRC tags.

Could these missing tags be the reason why both Windows and Firefox
rejects the profile? Is something else wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.