[argyllcms] Re: XRandR 1.2 is faulty...

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:34:21 +1100

David H. Vree wrote:
I am running Linux (Ubuntu 8.10) and get the warning "XRandR 1.2 is faulty - falling back to older extensions" with almost every Argyll command.

Can anyone tell me specifically what might be wrong with xrandr so i can file a bug report upstream?

As I understand it, the "bug" is with the video drivers not fully supporting
XRandR 1.2, and with the X11 server not properly communicating this through
to the client software. Encouraging those responsible for the various video
drivers to fully support XRandR 1.2 (Good luck - people like NVidia have
been dragging their feet).

In the documentation for dispcal I read that the environment variable ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2 can be set to true in order to automatically use another method. Should just do this and ignore this problem?

I think this will suppress the warning message.