[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma / color rendition worse than before calibration

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 13:37:00 +0200

Am 09.09.2011 13:11, schrieb Thomas Bartosik:
So do you also think the problem lies within my spyder?

I am definitely prepared to part with it if it isn't worth the money I paid for
it.
https://shop.colourconfidence.com/colormunki/CM_Trade_Up_en.html
says
"Purchase ColorMunki between 01/09/08 and 31/12/08."
Is the offer really meant to be in 2011?

This offer seems outdated, and probably concerns ColorMunki Create and Design/Photo (different devices!). Afaik there are currently four products sold under the ColorMunki brand, two of which are spectrometers, and two are colorimeters:

- ColorMunki Create colorimeter (same as i1 Display 2)
- ColorMunki Design and ColorMunki Photo spectrometers
- ColorMunki Display colorimeter (this is what you want)

Do I understand correctly that I don't even have to send the spyder to them?
('cause this would more or less spoil the savings as I am in Austria..)

Projector profiling also works out with Argyll?
Then I think that's going to be the device I have to get...

th

Graeme Gill wrote:

Thomas Bartosik wrote:

Guess I'll soon be buying a new colorimeter - preferably one that's
future-proof i.e. WCG and LED backlight capable. Any suggestions? Should be
cheap but give acceptable results - i.e. FAR better than the spyder...
Or I'll save on the colorimeter and get a Lenovo W notebook...

ColorMunki Display, if you are prepared to trade lower price for longer
measurement time.
There is even a rebate at the moment if you are prepared to part with your
Spyder.

Florian Höch