[argyllcms] Re: Wide gamut under Win 7 64 bit: Only sRGB

  • From: Alex <2013@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 19:39:44 +0000 (UTC)

Graeme Gill <graeme@...> writes:

> Is there anything special about your system settings ?

My system is not an uncommon build.
I have a Radeon HD 6800 with a Gigabyte Z68 mainboard.
To reduce possible errors I detached my second monitor. I also deinstalled
all software which could cause trouble regarding CMS (like AMD Catalyst
software or the Colormunki Display Software).

By purpose my HW is quite similar to a Mac -> So it is possible to run Mac
OSX 10.8 on my machine.
Maybe it is a problem with the card as it is similar to the cards in a Mac
OSX machine?!?

> Does the above (say using sRGB and ProPhoto RGB profiles) reveal big
differences ?

Hmmm... Maybe I have overlooked one of the many options in this Argyllcms ?!?
What sRGB and ProPhoto RGB are you refering to?

Is there a option where I have to choose "calibrate for white gamut" or
where I should choose something different than sRRG?
Can I choose the target color space? Is "sRGB" a default for some value in
Aegylllcms? Should I change the mode of colormunki from LCD (generic) to
something different (e.g. wide gamut)?

Best regards
Alex

PS: Is there a common way to send you a Debug-Log?