[argyllcms] Re: White Point

  • From: Thomas Mansencal <thomas.mansencal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 01:24:06 +0000

My speculation would be more along the lines of wondering if a particular
RGB space
has a 3x3 transform that moves it towards LMS or a sharpened cone space.

This is what I think too and is somehow illustrated by this (great) paper
from Greg Ward & Elena Eydelberg-Vileshin:
http://www.anyhere.com/gward/papers/PicturePerfect.pdf

Cheers,

Thomas

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 1:45 PM Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Nov 9, 2015, at 5:16 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My speculation would be more along the lines of wondering if a
particular RGB space
has a 3x3 transform that moves it towards LMS or a sharpened cone space.

See, that's the great thing about this field...just as soon as I think I'm
starting to get an handle on things, yet another rabbit hole opens up
beneath my feet....

I might owe you (another) cup of coffee for me guessing worng, but I
certainly owe you one for pointing me in the direction of this particular
door.

One of these days I'm going to have to stop this ad-hoc approach to
learning color science and at least buy all the textbooks mentioned on a
suitable syllabus.

b&