[argyllcms] Re: Which color instrument just for monitor?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:13:21 +1100

Denis S wrote:

Just as Pascal, I own Huey and Argyll doesn't seems to be able to use it
for measuring ambient light. Lprof provide data using it, but it's only
luminosity but color temperature always still the same. And I'm not sure
if it could be trusted.

You can measure the ambient light using the Huey and Argyll either
using spotread -a, or as part of setting up the monitor within
dispcal. The color temperature is always D50 because the Huey
only has a monochrome ambient sensor (that's what the bump on
the back of the instrument is.) The accuracy doesn't seem to
be fabulous, but it does function.