[argyllcms] What exactly are the STDEV_R etc. columns in a ti3 file?

  • From: tb <baruchel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:38:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011, tb wrote:
Could you show to me such a "basic", clean and simple TI3 file (or cgats
data txt file) for such a six-column-based set of data?

OK, I finally could find some of them:
http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/reviews/230X_USB_Microscope/Camera.ti3
http://lj.vladimirovich.net/lj11/spectral/4500.ti3

But I have some more questions concerning the format:
SAMPLE_ID XYZ_X XYZ_Y XYZ_Z RGB_R RGB_G RGB_B STDEV_R STDEV_G STDEV_B

Could you confirm that columns XYZ_X, XYZ_Y, XYZ_Z are the "target" (the
intended colors?)

Could you confirm that columns RGB_R, RGB_G, RGB_B are the "seen" colors?

I can't really figure out what are the three last columns:
  STDEV_R, STDEV_G, STDEV_B
What do they mean?

By the way, why can I find on several ti3 files on the web:
KEYWORD STDEV_R KEYWORD STDEV_G without a line for STDEV_B ?

Best regards, tb.