[argyllcms] Re: What colorchart I should buy?

  • From: Davide <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:13:08 +0100

Hal V. Engel ha scritto:
On Friday 01 January 2010 07:54:27 am Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Davide <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Pascal de Bruijn ha scritto:

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Davide <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, first of all Happy New Year!
I just take a look into colorcharts to profile my DSLR camera, and I
found that Colorchecker SG from X-Rite it's one of the most popular.
Reading  around  I discovered that Xrite doesn't provide the reference
file for that chart..
In "ref" dir of Argyll I found it but I think it doesn't came from Xrite
directly but it's a user contribution right?

I should consider buy that chart or some one else?
Free to give me suggestion :)

I've had great results using Wolf Fausts "C1" IT8 chart:

  http://www.targets.coloraid.de/

Another nice thing is that Wolf has made his reference files available
under a Creative Commons license:

  http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2009/12/16/advances-of-freedom/

I can highly recommend his targets. And of course, 25EUR is hardly
painful if it somehow does not work out for you.

  Ah yes, I know that site. Since I own a Minolta Dimage scanner too I
sent a mail some month ago for few question but never got any response.
For that reason  I discard it

Are you sure you sent if to the right email adres? Or maybe his provider's
spam filter (sending HTML mail doesn't help) got over zealous... who
knows...

Wolf has been very responsive to me and others I know... Do try to contact
him again :)

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn

Wolf has been responsive to me and many others I know so I was very surprised
when I read that he did not respond to Davide's email.  Like Pascal I think it
is highly likely that Davide's email was not received by Wolf.

Wolf's IT8 targets are as good as any IT8 targets out there and he is the
actual producer of many IT8 targets from other vendors because of his low cost
and high quality.  In addition for a nominal fee he will hand measure your
target before shipping it to you.

Hal

Just sent him the payment by paypal.

Thanx ;)