[argyllcms] Re: What am I doing wrong now?

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:39:16 +0000

Hi,

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

Yes, I fully agree. I feel a bit uncomfortable too, if gs is called
behind the scenes with unknown options...

Most definitely.

For the record, PhotoPrint's PostScript import is pretty simplistic - it just calls GhostScript using the tiff24nc device to render an RGB TIFF version of the document's first page as a temporary file.

I would certainly recommend using GhostScript manually to create raster versions of profiling targets and so on - *especially* if you're trying to profile in CMYK mode - otherwise you're in danger of including GhostScript's CMYK->RGB conversion in the device response you're trying to characterize!

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson