[argyllcms] Re: What am I doing wrong now?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 20:47:58 +1100

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:
I also found that converting a jpeg image to tiff with convert, then use icctif, leads to errors:

hsv.tif: JPEG compression support is not configured.
cctiff: Error - Failed to read TIFF line 0

In fact, there is an error when convert-ing the jpg file:

convert: hsv.tif: Unknown pseudo-tag 65537. `TIFFSetField'.

Is it the problem?

It is because the Argyll provided tifflib is minimal. To get JPEG
decompression support you need the ijg JPEG code to be
compiled in as well. Since my intention was that the
TIFF support is as a demonstration of raster access,
rather than being a full implementation (something
a library like ImageMagick may be good for), I
didn't add all the optional extras.