[argyllcms] Re: Weighted averaged source gamuts

  • From: Beisch Clemens <clemens.beisch@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:32:42 +0200

Am 31.07.2007 um 21:25 schrieb H. Teeuwen:

From a conceptual point of view, wouldn't it be better to implement a curve in such profiles, that mimics the behavior of the printer, instead of an L* curve?

Best regards,
Herman

Hallo,

we are talking about perceptual rendering.
Most of the time users are having souce images which are in one of the common RGB workingspaces. The task of the perceptual rendering intent is to transfer source images to a destination with a different gamut size (most of the time smaler). The resulting image should mimic the source image as good as possible without a visual clipping.

That's why the Online Profiler is using these three presets.
I can't see any benefit to mimic the behavior of a printer at this point, except you are talking about device to device conversion and this is a
good task for a device link ICC.

If you have another question about the Online Profiler, don't hesitate to use our forum ;-)

Best regards,
Clemens Beisch

colorXact - colors are coming home!

Public BETA of the first online ICC profiling software

register for free
http://www.colorxact.eu