[argyllcms] Re: Warning: gamut mapping is non monotonic - may be not very smooth

  • From: Michael Schulz <ms.typografik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:48:02 +0200

Am 28.05.12 02:08 schrieb "Graeme Gill" unter <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>You're misunderstand me - I meant constrain the gamut given to
>the gamut mapping, not constrain the images gamut. They are not
>necessarily the same thing :- in typical ICC workflows the source
>gamut is taken to be that of the colorspace. When the colorspace
>is very wide gamut, that is an issue.

Thank your for the reply. I've tried different colorspaces i.e.
AdobeRGB.icc, eci.RGB_v2.icc, Lstar.icc, sRGB.icc (for example: collink
-qu -ke -cmt -dpp -G image_ProPhotoRGB.gam sRGB.icc ISOcoated_v2.icc
DLgam_sRGB-ISOcoated_v2.icc) - is that the way you mean? Depending on the
input colorspace for the DL I get more or less saturated results after
I've converted the image which has given the image_ProPhotoRGB.gam (cctiff
-e ISOcoated_v2.icc DLgam_sRGB-ISOcoated_v2.icc
DLedit_image_ProPhotoRGB.tif). I hope that I'm not completely wrong with
this way.

Thank your for your patience
Michael Schulz