[argyllcms] Re: Wanted: Spyder 3 and ColorMunki Beta Testers - source update

  • From: Rick Richardson <rickrich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:49:05 -0500

>>> I remembered to not hit the trigger momentarily, because after that I
>>> get "comms failure", lsusb hangs, and I need to reboot the system.
>>
>> Have you tried the latest development snapshot ? It should have fixed this.
>
> Oh.  I didn't know about that.  I will try it today.

Doing it on Fedora 9.  Nice,  "Reading too short" instead "comms. failure".

$ ~/src/Argyll_V1.1.0_Beta/bin/chartread test
[snip]
Trigger instrument switch or any key to start, Esc, ^C or Q to give up:

Strip read failed due to misread (Reading is too short)
Hit Esc to give up, any other key to retry:
About to read strip pass A
Trigger instrument switch or any key to start, Esc, ^C or Q to give up:

Strip read failed due to misread (Too many patches)
Hit Esc to give up, any other key to retry:
About to read strip pass A
Trigger instrument switch or any key to start, Esc, ^C or Q to give up:

Strip read failed due to misread (Reading is too short)
Hit Esc to give up, any other key to retry:
About to read strip pass A
Trigger instrument switch or any key to start, Esc, ^C or Q to give up:

(Warning) Seem to have read strip pass F rather than A!
Hit Return to use it anyway, any other key to retry, Esc, ^C or Q to give up:

Nice! Strip F instead A.  Nice touch!!!!!

--
Rick Richardson  rick.richardson@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~rickrich1/