[argyllcms] Re: Wanted: Spyder 3 and ColorMunki Beta Testers

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:36:31 +1100

Rick Richardson wrote:
Here is the mac mini stderr from:

chartread -D5 sam-clp-315-rgb-196

Read strips A-D no problem.  On strip E, I momentarily triggered the
device and I got "failed due to communication problem".  After that,
the only thing I could do was quit.  Triggering the device a second or
third time did nothing.

Thanks, I'll look into it. I've been unable to reproduce it on MSWindows -
even if I click the button and there is a misread as a result, a retry recovers
OK.
It does seem to happen on OS X and Linux though, so perhaps it's
something to do with Libusb on those platforms.

Note: this is an EASY thing to do!!!

Yes, the button is awkwardly placed, but you'll have to
take that up with X-Rite, since they designed the instrument... :-)