[argyllcms] Re: Wanted: Spyder 3 and ColorMunki Beta Testers

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:43:23 +1100

Rick Richardson wrote:
Normally, "make install PREFIX=/usr/local" installs in /usr/local/bin, etc.

make install PREFIX=/usr
make install PREFIX=/usr/local
make install PREFIX=.                 e.g. ./bin, ./lib, ./man, etc.

PREFIX is ignored completely!.  This is on a  fc9 system!

Argyll is cross platform, and uses a cross platform build system (Jam),
so it doesn't necessarily follow specific platform conventions, and tries
to be self contained for robustness. I've not attempted to add
all the platform specific things for installation, and in any case
on many platforms this is the domain of an installer program.

[I'm not even sure where the PREFIX convention is documented, or what
 it's related to - UNIX ? Linux ? make ? configure ? automake ?. Google
 didn't return any useful leads. Argyll doesn't use configure or make. ]