[argyllcms] Re: Wanted: Spyder 3 and ColorMunki Beta Testers

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:39:25 +1100

Kie wrote:
I have a Spyder3 and am running Debian GNU/Linux Lenny (the current stable
version)

Making GNU Argyll binary distribution  for Version 1.0.4_Beta
        zip warning: missing end signature--probably not a zip file (did you
        zip warning: remember to use binary mode when you transferred it?)
zip error: Zip file structure invalid (Argyll_V1.0.4_Beta)

Sorry, I've got no idea what failed there. I haven't seen this myself.
It's not relevant to testing anyway.

Done GNU Argyll binary distribution

I need some guidance on commands that I should run for testing.

With the instrument plugged in, first try running "spotread -?", and check
that the Spyder 3 is listed in the available instruments of the usage.
You could then try "spotread -yl" or something like "dispcal -v -yl -R test"
(assuming you have an LCD display), and see how it goes.

If you get complaints about permissions, you will need to sort through
the usual USB permissions jungle. See the Argyll documentation in
the installation section.

From there on, consult the "scenarios" section and the detailed tool entries.