[argyllcms] Re: Visualizing calibration charts

  • From: Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 20:41:47 -0400

Dear Graeme,

On Oct 3, 2012, at 7:08 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Iliah Borg wrote:
>> If it is not too much work an option for targen to read CGATS files would be
>> welcome.

>       can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean by that? Do you mean
> using them as an existing sample set and adding more points arround them ?

What you said above is one of the important things to me.

I have my "memory colours" map (shades of sky, skin, grass, fall colours,
sunsets, different types of gold and silver, etc., totals to about 700 patches
currently) as a CGATS which I print and measure (using say old version of
ColorPort/Rosetta at the moment because of incompatibilities new version
introduced and having a 10.6 under VM to run it) to see the problems and run
refine. From time to time I edit that CGATS, couple times a year, replacing and
adding some colours. I would prefer to go targen/printtarg route. Also, refine
often need more patches than 700, so for now I do a targen for additional
colours, convert ti1 to CGATS ColorPort recognizable and merge.

--
Iliah Borg
ib@xxxxxxxxxxx