[argyllcms] Visualizing calibration charts

  • From: Mikhail Matrosov <mikhail.matrosov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:36:14 +0400

I wonder, whether it is a tool in argyll, which allows to generate a
synthetic image of a chart, given its description in .cht, .cie, or other
formats? Images like these:
http://www.babelcolor.com/main_level/ColorChecker.htm#ColorChecker_images

For now I manually parse .cht file for layout of color patches and
reference XYZ colors, and drow it myself in Matlab. Is there a simpler way?

And, by the way, why colors in .cht file are just approximates and one need
.cie file to run colprof? Wouldn't it be simpler just to include reference
colors in the same .cht file?

-----
Best regards, Mikhail Matrosov