[argyllcms] Re: Viewing chart readouts

  • From: Elena [service address] <1007140@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 13:42:59 +0100

Hello Kai-Uwe

On  1-Jan-2011, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> On Linux and osX exists ICC Examin, a ICC profile and CGATS viewer.
> To see the patches one can use the Quality report window. It will compare
> the measurements with the actual default ICC profile for the according
> colour space. At least it will show the measurement patches on the left
> side of the comparision table.

I wonder if there's something similar for Windows too.
I fear I will need to write some quick and dirty code to do the job
of converting the .ti3 to a picture.
I must admit that it's tedious not being able to check the direct measurements
against the actual chart. I'm experiencing surely spurious and random
reading errors (peak dE of 25 or even 40 in the resulting test profiles from
the -y option, but sometimes just 2-3, which I judge ok, what is making me
suspicious
of read errors).
But maybe is just my way of proceeding that should be perfectioned, I still have
to find the better "workflow" which fits my needs. After all I'm still at
an experimenting phase with Argyll.

/&